Friday, May 1, 2015

Aurora Springer shares her Atrapako on Eden series.

First Anniversary of The Lady is Blue



Today, I’m celebrating my first anniversary as a published author. My science fiction romance story, The Lady is Blue, was released on May 1, 2014. The ebook will be discounted to 99c for the month of May. This story is Book 1 in the series Atrapako on Eden. Eden is a terraformed planet with a small colony of humans. Book 2, Dragons of Vkani, is set on the native planet of the Atrapako.

The first draft of The Lady is Blue was completed three decades ago, when I was a postdoctoral scientist at Yale University. The heroine, Dr. Lucy Stannis, is a scientist. Several scenes occur in her laboratory and in my fictional version of the real cafeteria at the top of the Kline Biology Tower. In my book, the alien Atrapako and scientists eat lunch and interact in the cafeteria. At first, humans and aliens sit at separate tables, and later the scientists mingle. The Atrapako have an authoritarian society with a rigid class system marked by the color of their scales. They claim to have logical minds, unlike emotional humans.

 My working title was “What color are your scales?” So, my question to you is: What color are your scales?
Do you show leadership qualities or desire to dominate? You are a Blue. Blues are in charge. The male protagonist, Sa Kamizan Veedak, is a large and scary Blue.
Do you like science? Are you a techie? You are a Green. Greens are the scientists and technicians.
Do you enjoy physical tasks under the direction of others? You are a Red. Reds are the laborers and soldiers. They tend to be big and male.
If you don’t fall into one of the above categories, you are a Yellow. Yellows may be juveniles or artists. Creative people are undervalued in Atrapako society. (With apologies to my creative friends.)

The final title of The Lady is Blue better indicates romance. Sa Kamizan prefers intelligent Blue females, and he believes Lucy is a Blue. She laughs at the idea, although her actions during the story demonstrate her ability to take charge. My female protagonists are not passive. Lucy uses a laser, and her preferred weapon is a needler with a paralyzing dart.

Blurb
The peaceful human colonists on the remote planet of Eden welcome alien refugees in their crippled spaceship. The alien Atrapako have spiky crests, sharp claws, and scales of four colors covering massive humanoid bodies. Their rigid class system conflicts with the party-loving society of the humans. The intrepid Dr. Lucy Stannis, a scientist and undercover agent of Terra, is both curious and suspicious of the aliens. She befriends the captain of the alien spaceship, the impressive and devious Blue, Sa Kamizan Veedak, who led the escape from their hostile home planet through the hazards of space to the safety of Eden. Their tenuous friendship is threatened by assassination attempts, and sabotage by humans and aliens. They must learn to fight together to survive. Can the Atrapako overcome their cultural instincts and co-exist peacefully with humans on Eden? In the conflict, Sa Kamizan questions his allegiances, while Lucy strives to discover the secret of the aliens in a race against time before the colonists lose their independence

Buy Links:
Book 1 The Lady is Blue: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K1N951Q
Book 2 Dragons of Vkani: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LS1EU6K/

The Lady is Blue will be discounted to 99c for the month of May.

Look out for other discounts and free days on the anniversaries of my books. The latest information will be posted on my Blog and at my Facebook Author Page.



Bio:
My career in science involves plenty of writing facts for research articles. But, I’ve imagined exciting adventures in weird worlds for as long as I can remember. For many years, life intervened. Now, I have achieved my life-long ambition to publish novels. My published works include science fiction and fantasy with romance and a sprinkle of humor. I was born in the UK and live in Atlanta with my husband, a dog and two cats to sit on my laptop. My hobbies, besides reading and writing, include outdoor activities like watching wildlife, hiking and canoeing.

Media links:
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Aurora-Springer/e/B00K2C4NL8


2 comments:

All spammers will be shot with a plasma gun.